Thursday, June 23, 2011

To Buy or Not To Buy: Chanel Peridot Vernis

(via Style.com)

I'm on the fence about purchasing Chanel's fall nail collection. These rich, luxe metallics will perfectly complement fall's jewel-tones, and Chanel's nail colors tend to become staples for each season season. The collection includes the bronzed green Peridot, silvery-beige Quartz or the silvery toned Graphite. I'm a big fan of Peridot (it is my birth stone after all), and it might be a good way for me to ease into the green polish trend (I just couldn't bring myself to buy Jade a few seasons ago).

But I wouldn't say that Chanel's polish is worth the $25 price tag. It find it quickly wears down at the tips of my nails. But you do pay for what is most certainly the best and most trend-setting color palette out there. Mimosa, Particuliere, Paradoxal - these are all essential colors in any polish-lover's "wardrobe."

All Lacquered Up recently featured Peridot, which, when photographed, reads a bit more like a gold with a mossy hue. Is it too green for you? Would you rather wear a more neutral metallic?

Or is Chanel polish all together overrated?

No comments:

Post a Comment