Thursday, February 3, 2011

J'aime mon carre (I love my scarf)

Call me cutting-edge. Scarves are having a resurgence in popularity - seen on the runways of Emilio Pucci, Louis Vuitton and Christian Dior. Thanks to one very tasteful fiance, I was the lucky recipient of a beautiful Hermes scarf for Christmas.

This one to be precise:

Tres jolie, n'est pas?

(Something about an Hermes scarf makes me want to parler Francais.)

But the most fashionable trend setters aren't only wearing their scarves over the shoulders, as was once the standard. Thanks to Hermes, scarves are finding new ways to fit into wardrobes. Just check out ilovemyscarf.com.




So luckily, I have a wealth of inspiration for how to wear my new scarf. I still struggle a bit, though. I tried it over the shoulders with a coordinating orange turtleneck, which I liked, but it's a "once in a while" look. I've also tried the turband, a la Man Repeller. Not gonna lie, I love the look, but I can't get my hair to fall quite right. I'll work on it, don't worry.

Anyone got any advice for be-scarfing myself?

(All images from ilovemyscarf.com)

Au revoir!

2 comments: