Tuesday, January 18, 2011

We like to party

The other day, I was headed out for a night on the town when I realized I had nothing to wear. I mean, sure, I have my go-to going out dresses, but I've worn them many times now. They no longer feel special or fun.

I've been so focused on revamping my work wardrobe and buying professional pieces that I'd neglected my after-work wardrobe. What I needed was a fun Saturday night dress - pronto. It's hard to find a good balance between cocktail, casual and conservative - I wanted something fun and bright but not so amazing that it was a "special occasion only" dress.

That said, I could not justify spending a ton on a dress that is made to risk getting spilled on at Cafe St. Ex or messed up in a crowded Georgetown bar. So I spent a while poring over some less expensive websites like ASOS, Modcloth and Lulu's - which I'd never really shopped at before! They have some cute stuff.

Here's what I came up with as potential party dresses:


1. Nasty Gal Serious Flare dress: $48
2. ASOS chiffon and mesh drape dress: $77.58
3. Lulu's Own It woven blue dress: $43
4. Modcloth Fevered Rays dress: $74.99
5. Modcloth Glamourous Garnish dress: $74.99
6. Nasty Gal Poppy drape dress: $78
7. Lipsy bandeau dress with draped glitter finish, available at ASOS: $78.44
8. ASOS oversized sequin shift dress: $146.54
9. ASOS plain drape crop top dress: $68.96
10. ASOS woven hem t-shirt dress: $60.34

Can you guess which one I bought already? (Hint: It's got color...)

What's your favorite thing to wear out for a night on the town?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh - really like 2, 9, and 10! Great prices!!!
    I'm guessing that you bought 9?

    xx grace
    stripesandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know I know! Number 6! I bet you could guess my fave? Number 1, in black please :)

    ReplyDelete