Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Loving Right Now: J. Crew's colorful spring collection

Want to stop in J. Crew? Usually, you don't have to ask me twice. But their spring collections have me wanting to run to the nearest store to buy these looks ASAP. This collection strikes the perfect balance of neutral and candy-colored pieces, perfectly wearable basics and fun statement pieces, and the standard J. Crew preppy look with the edgy NYC street look.

Some of my favorites from the lookbook:

White hot.

These wider-legged pants will be mine.


How does J. Crew make grandma-pink-colored pants look so chic?

Love the print. This will be my new weekend wardrobe come summer.

Hello, beautiful lace jacket, perfectly mismatched with safari neutrals? Why don't you come with me?

Socks and sandals have returned! And worn with the coolest gold skirt this side of Midas' kingdom. (Does anyone know if a skirt like this is actually wearable in real life?)


Sequined skirt? Turquoise top? This girl's green with envy.

As a side note, I think this collection underscores the importance of separates to our wardrobes. I have so many friends (and myself included in this) that picked the dress as their go-to wardrobe basic, both for ease and style. And while I think the perfect black shift dress is still a wardrobe staple, the possibilities that separates create are endless. Viva les pants!

Peep the entire spring lookbook over at FabSugar and just try tell me you don't want to hie thee to the nearest J. Crew at once.

2 comments:

  1. I need the entire second look, including her body to pull it off. Haha. I love the 4th look too! I never shop at J. Crew. I am missing out...

    ReplyDelete