Friday, December 17, 2010

This Week's Facts: A Kardashian Kristmas

Source: GoFugYourself
  • Not everyone gets to wear Pucci or Alexander McQueen in their Christmas cards. The Kardashians, however, do. And while I would kill for Khloe's Monique Lhuillier gown, I can't help but chuckle at this over-the-top photo and at the Fug Girls' commentary on it. 
  • Speaking of the Kardashians, can we please talk about Kim's tweet from yesterday? And I quote: "The lightening flashed and Khloe and I thought it was camera flashes!" Fame whore much? Sorry, I just had to comment on the ridiculousness of that tweet.
  • Ok, one last Kardashian tweet (I swear I don't devote this much thought to them normally): The New York Times totally trashed their new Dash store. This is a little old news, but you have to read the critique - talk about me-ow.
OK, now on to the real news...
  • I am a HUGE fan of my Pureology shampoo, which is sulfate-free. I credit it with helping my hair recover from several months of bad self-dye jobs. It's not cheap, but it's worth it. Fashionista rounds up the best sulfate-free hair products.
  • UBS Bank has a super intense dress code - we're talking 43 pages of helpful hints that include no roots, no eating garlic or onions, and touch up your perfume after lunch. Wall Street Journal has the scoop on dressing with "Swiss precision."
  • "The striped t-shirt is the paperclip of personal style," says Chance designer Julia Leach. Um, hello? Could it be anymore me? Thanks to Stripes and Sequins for pointing out this amazing new label.
  • Middleton mania continues. Designers like Lagerfeld and Lacroix sketch wedding dresses for the future princess, and Fashionista has the gorgeous gowns.
  • Pearls are apparently becoming all-too common, due to manmade innovation, and dealers are struggling to keep prices high, The New York Times reports.
  • Glamazon Diaries put together the perfect gift list for the Foodie Fashionista. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment