Friday, December 17, 2010

Plot twist

Yesterday, I was passing some time on Shopbop's sale. I didn't really have the intention of buying anything, as I rarely find anything in my size on super-sale on Shopbop.

This time was different.


I fell in love with this Soft Joie Schiffer dress, and at an amazing price point - just over $70, plus 20% off - I couldn't resist. I loved the racer back, the effortless look and especially the twisted fabric in the front, which gives it an interesting and flattering look!

But then something stopped me. The one-two punch of jersey plus the summery white (technically porcelain). Is this dress versatile? Is it even wearable at all?

Well, I went with my gut instinct and bought the dress. But not after poking around a few other sites to see more of this fabulous look.

Alexander Wang 3/4 length T-shirt dress with draping, available at Shopbop: $315

MICHAEL Michael Kors printed stretch-jersey dress, available at Net-A-Porter: $130
ASOS twist front calf length dress: $62.06
Alice + Olivia Carla jersey twist dress, available at Net-A-Porter: $185 (This one might be joining my closet soon...)

3.1 Phillip Lim tie front knit dress, available at Nordstrom: $375 (another one I love)

And no sooner did I decided I loved this look and that my wardrobe needed more drape, The Cut called draping the "universally flattering trend." What can I say? I know trends. Check out some gorgeous dresses from Thakoon Addition, Donna Karan and Reed Krakoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment