Friday, October 15, 2010

You like me, you really really like (or the Queen of LA does)


Can we talk about how long it takes to catch up on Google Reader when you go on vacation? I was gone 5 days, and my RSS feed backed up like the 14th Street Bridge during rush hour. After clearing out the unnecessaries (namely, my many celebrity gossip and entertainment blogs), I finally got (mostly) caught up (I read way too many style blogs). And when I got caught up, I saw the following exciting news:

I have been awarded my very first blog award!!!

Thanks so much to Jordan, over at Queen of LA, for bestowing upon me the Versatile Blogger, Stylish Blogger and One Lovely Blog awards. How exciting!!

The Rules for Acceptance
1. Thank and link back the person who gave you the award.
2. Share SEVEN things about yourself.
3. Pass this on to 15 other great bloggers you recently discovered.
4. Contact the recipients and tell them about their awards
Hmm... Seven things about myself. I hope I'm interesting enough that I deserve SEVEN bullet points.

1. Yesterday marked 1.5 years until my WEDDING. We are about to sign the contract, book the planner and get into the meat of the planning. I am so excited to wear a beautiful dress and throw a great party! I wish it were sooner.
2. As a recent Tulane alumna, I was at the school during Hurricane Katrina (well, not during... I evacuated to Orlando). As a result of the school's unprecedented closure post-flooding, I spent a semester in the frigid north at University of Wisconsin in Madison. I lovedddd being a Badger, but not as much as I love New Orleans.
3. I talk to myself while I type. Whether I'm on my blog, Twitter, gchat or even sending an email, I emote as I go - laughing, furrowing my brow, gesticulating - along with what I'm writing. Luckily, people rarely stare at me while I'm typing, but when they do, they usually laugh/are weirded out.
4. I'm a really good cook (well, Tyler thinks so), but I cannot bake to save my life. Want a bone-dry cupcake? I'm your girl.
5. I own all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls, and I made my fiance watch it all with me
6. I have a talent of being able to pick - and want - the most expensive: item on the menu, dress on the rack, jewelry in the case... You get the picture.
7. The older I get, the more I realize how much my parents have shaped who I am. Whether it's my dad's height and enthusiasm or my mom's taste (she also loves Gilmore Girls), I'm lucky that I got some of the best aspects of them. Also, some of the most awkward - most notably, my dad's weird feet. But I love them - and the person I've become - anyway.

And now I pass it on to the following fab recipients:

As the Queen pointed out, the Internet is such an amazing place. How else would I "meet" someone who lives clear on the other side of the country from me! And I've learned so much - from something as simple to when Saks is having a fabulous sale, to how to best budget my shopping dollars, the web is a fount of useful information.

And Twitter is just one of the coolest inventions EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment