Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday Style: Seventies Chic

Credit: Streetpeeper
Floppy hats are everywhere this season, and seriously, what could be more perfect for a Saturday of shopping in Georgetown? You look cool, casual and smart (because you're protecting your skin from the sun's harmful rays).

I love this Londoner's hat because it's not too floppy. It looks super cool with her fringe bangs and the retro mustard turtleneck and flared jeans.

Turtlenecks are sort of back in vogue, n'est pas? They don't work on everyone, and rarely do they photograph well (hello, double chin!), but this girl works it.

If I were dressing up today, this is totally the outfit I'd want to put on. However, for now, I'm in leggings and long-sleeves for a nice bike ride in this beautiful weather. The fiance and I are going to try the new Capital Bike Share program and head up the C&O canal. If we happen to pass through Georgetown (we will), I just might have to try to find a floppy hat and cool, colorful turtleneck!

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment