Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday's Facts: Squash and roll

Fall produce: both tasty and representative of female body types. (Credit: C'est La Vegan)
It's officially fall when sustained temperatures don't rise much higher than the mid 60s and when you start seeing colorful leaves on the ground. This weekend, I finally was able to bust about my H&M poncho that's been hanging in my closet, waiting for cooler weather. 


But being more than sweater weather, fall to me means chili and delicious recipes featuring squash and apples as the main ingredients. I'll be adventuring with some butternut squash lasagna and butternut squash fries this week (after hunting down butternut squash on 3 separate grocery trips - I guess everyone in DC likes the squash as much as me!).


And other bloggers are getting in on the fall fun. Read on:




  • It's almost time for holiday party season (crazy, I know). Cheap Chica's Guide to Style has some fabulous sparkly shift dresses for all your seasonal soirees.
  • Also thinking seasonally? Refinery29, which presents you with their "Massive Fall Sweater Shopping Guide." Think stripes, Fair Isle and fringe this fall.
  • StyleList tells us how to wear fur and faux fur this fall - including what to look for when shopping and how to accessorize a hairy creation.
  • Work-fashion blog Corporette has some tips on how to dress for your body type.
  • Big DC fashion news: Anthropologie is opening an accessories-only store - a huge space - in Chevy Chase on October 29, WWD reports.
  • Sometimes, I watch CW TV shoes, and I get the idea that they are just letting the actors wear whatever they want. Exhibit A: 90120's Gillian Zinser, aka Ivy, whose personal style WhoWhatWear features as girl of the month. Exhibit B: The rest of the female cast of 90210. Exhibit C: Little J from Gossip Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment