Monday, October 18, 2010

How would you wear it: Long black cardigan

Only Hearts cardigan, available from Shopbop: $122

A few years ago, I bought a long black cardigan in Nordstrom's BP section (not the cardigan pictured above, but you get the idea). As a college student, I totally thought I'd wear it all the time with leggings, perfect for going to classes and hanging around campus.

I maybe wore it twice.

And yet, it remains in my closet. Because, in theory, I absolutely adore it. It's warm, it's sleek, and it's versatile. And I have whispers of ideas for how to wear this cardigan. I think "publishing exec" or "high-powered editor."

But it still doesn't get worn.

So now I am on a mission to make my ideas into realities and finally wear the sweater.

I spent some time on Polyvore brainstorming... And here's what I came up with.

A work outfit:


1. Tank top from LA Made, available on Piperlime: $22
2. Double serge pencil skirt from J. Crew: $118
3. Falke tights, available at Net-A-Porter: $140 for 2 pairs
4. Aspinal of London Biarritz black patent belt: $125
5. L.A.M.B. Valisa bootie, available at heels.com: $319.49
6. House of Harlow key necklace, available at The Trend Boutique: $119

And a more casual look:

1. T by Alexander Wang white t-shirt, available at Saks: $76
2. Vince suede leggings, available at Net-A-Porter: $895
3. Botkier Ava crossbody bag, available at Aster Alice: $395
4. Miu Miu flats, available at Barneys: $595
5. Daisy Knights gold skulls necklace, available at Net-A-Porter: $485

But now I'm turning to you. How would you style this sweater?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment