Thursday, September 16, 2010

What to wear where this weekend: NYC

I'm always a little intimidated when I go to New York City. The buildings are gigantic (thanks for spoiling me, DC's building height regulations), Manhattan is massive, I don't understand why streets and avenues are both named after numbers, and most importantly, I'm dressing for a significantly more stylish crowd than I am in DC.

Needless to say, when I head up there this Saturday for a birthday party at the swanky and trendy Tribeca Grand hotel, I need to look fun, fab and, most of all, flawless.

Fortunately for me, New York Fashion Week and Fashion's Night Out has given me a little bit of inspiration for what to wear up there. Here are my fave celeb looks from FNO (via FabSugar) that I think would translate to what I want to wear in the city:

Kelly Osbourne mixing fabrics: hard leather jacket, romantic ruffled blouse, wintery velvet skirt

Rachel Bilson's party frock with black suede ankle booties

SJP's sparkly coat, fitted mini and amazing hair

I was thisclose to buying a new dress for the weekend, but since I'm only there one night, I decided to shop my closet. And here's what I am thinking about wearing:

Option one (this is the closest I could get in Polyvore): Ruffled one-shoulder top; Teal DVF Jakun skirt (see it better here); black ankle booties, silver brushed clutch, and big hematite studs.'



Option 2: Black ruched body con dress (Mine's from Leifsdottir); nude suede pumps; stud accessories; black crossbody bag


What do you think? Which option is your favorite? Or am I headed in the wrong direction?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the otions. And I'm a born and bred New Yorker. I vote for the skirt and top. Both are fab, you'd fit in more than you'd think.

    ReplyDelete