Friday, September 10, 2010

What to wear where this weekend: DC's Fashion's Night Out

Now that summer is winding down, people are slowly but surely returning to the city. It seems like most summer weekends - particularly in August - my social circle was decimated by long weekends at the beach, weddings on the coast and other such vacations. I know it's not just me who thinks this, but I'm SO glad most of my friends are in town for a fun weekend ahead.

What will I be doing this weekend? Why, Fashion's Night Out, of course. (I already blogged about my excitement for the event here. I'll be hanging around M Street and Wisconsin Ave. all night!)

Most importantly: what does one wear to a event that focuses on being fashionable? I think FNO style will be about a blend of casual and dressy - comfortable enough to shop but stylish enough to get noticed.

Here are some ideas - both dressy and more casual - for what to wear while hunting for deals, complimentary cocktails and free pedicab rides:

Credit: Fab Sugar

Fab Sugar tells you how to achieve Alexis Bledel's classy and fabulous look: black mini, white blouse, red platform pumps and a little leopard clutch.

Credit: The Sartorialist
We all know The Sartorialist has an eye for a gorgeous girl - and her impeccable style. I love this slightly 70s look - the floppy hat, the loose hair, the large clutch and the unique jeans. How effortless and stylish she looks.

Credit: Fab Sugar

I love Olivia P's fall color palette and her peep-toe booties. She looks dressy, but not overdressed.

Credit: Oh No They Didn't

I love mixing a hard leather jacket with a soft feminine dress. LC accessorizes with a nude clutch, classic Louboutin peep toes and a drapey necklace that's a perfect blend of the feminine and edgy pieces she's wearing. She got a lot of flack for her hair, but I sort of like it.

Credit: Shopbop
The draped leather jacket from BB Dakota and the dark skinny jeans with lace-up booties scream fall n a totally casual-cool way.

As for me? I was torn on what to wear: blazer with skinnies? mini skirt with silky blouse? leggings, booties and military-style button up?

Here's what I came up with:


What do you think? Did I capture the essence of Fashion's Night Out? What will you be wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment