Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend Facts: DC's FNO and more NYFW sneak peeks

YSL Palais Pump: $720


Did everyone go to Fashion's Night Out in their respective cities? I had such a good time with my friend Liz exploring the stores in Georgetown! After an hour-long Circulator bus ride in crippling traffic, we finally made it to the happening strip on M Street. We visited most of the big parties - Intermix, Betsey Johnson and Dean & Deluca, plus stopped by DC shopping favorites: Simply Soles, Kate Spade, Hu's Shoes, Cusp and more. Wished we were able to get farther up Wisconsin to visit CityShopGirl at Urban Chic!

I was able to witness the splendor that is the YSL Palais pump at Cusp on Friday, and - especially after a glass (or two) of champagne - I was SO tempted to spend the $720 and pay off my Neiman's card like a mortgage*... They are that gorgeous.

The Washington Post has a great video of the night here. Check out the fun! It was so great to see so many stylish people supporting DC's best shopping area - Georgetown - as well as Labels for Love, a great charity. The deals were great, and I can't wait to see this become an annual thing.

Here's some other stuff I loved this weekend:

  • Kate Spade's Spring collection - from her shoes to her bags to her jewelry - is amazing, colorful and fun. I love the pink capped-toe flats and the pineapple heels, and I know the pale sequined number will be in my bridal shower repertoire. Thanks for the peek from The Bride's Guide.
  • Budget Babe provides us with a sneak peek at Milly's stylish and feminine Spring/Summer 2011 looks with a swatch and a sketch from her upcoming runway collection.
  • The Cut reports that Tim Gunn doesn't read blogs because he knows he would get obsessed and he's too busy for for such an obsession. Story of my life.
  • Learn how to walk in heels from InStyle
  • I don't really watch MTV award shows, but Fab Sugar will undoubtedly have a great rundown of the cocktail dresses and other fashion from the VMA red carpet.
*Just kidding, my parents raised me better than that. I think...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment