Monday, September 6, 2010

Something Old, Something New...

Since we've already discussed potential hairstyles for my wedding day, the natural progression leads us from head to toes. What will I be wearing on my feet?

A lot about my overall look will be soft, simple and classic, but I really want to have fun with my feet! With that in mind, I'm thinking of steering clear from an ivory or white heel and going with a bold pop of color. And blue jumps to mind immediately because of the old adage.

However, I've got a small conundrum when it comes to picking out shoes. My fiance and I are the same height, giving me little leeway for a 3+ inch pump! Like thousands of other Sex and the City fans, I was lusting after the Manolo Blahnik Something Blue pump that Carrie keeps in her massive closet in the first movie. But it just didn't seem practical given the added height.

Makeda at the Glamazon Diaries found that Manolo is making flat versions of this amazing heel! Color me thrilled! I may have found my perfect wedding shoes...

Manolo Blahnik Jeweled Satin Skimmer, available at Bergdorf Goodman: $945

If these don't work, here are some other shoes I've been considering:

Christian Louboutin Pigirl flats, available at Bluefly: $337.49

Badgley Mischka Randall, available at Zappos: $204
Badgley Mischka Randee, available at Shoes.com: $215

The second two options are a bit higher heel than I want to wear, but I love them so much!

And if, at the end of the day, I can't find a shoe I love, I will go with one of these gorgeous dyeable shoes and find my perfect shade.

Kate Spade Christa, available at Zappos: $236
Kate Spade Mattie, available at Zappos: $222
Stuart Weitzman Cachet, available at Zappos: $296

Nina lets you design your own shoes, which is perfect for the bride with a flair for color and a creative aesthetic. (I'm a big fan of the Fulvia style). If I can remember correctly, I never found Nina shoes all that comfortable, but I would give a pair a test run before going with this option. How much fun is it to design your own shoes?!

Which pairs of these shoes do you like the best? What do you think about colorful heels on your wedding day?


No comments:

Post a Comment