Thursday, September 2, 2010

Shoes, shoes, shoes

I'm not the biggest shoe-horse around, but I appreciate (and wish for) a nice red sole. But I was thrilled when two of my favorite designers - Rebecca Minkoff and Brian Atwood - unveiled plans for new shoes collections.

Rebecca Minkoff already makes to-die-for handbags and cute, totally 20s clothing, so naturally, I adore her foray into footwear, brought to you by RM's blog Minkette.com.

Every girl needs a standard nude pump, but the perforated leather gives these "Vixen" platforms a little extra 'oomph.' 
Stacy and Clinton on 'What Not to Wear' are the biggest advocates of adding a little texture to your wardrobe to style it up. But how often do we forget that we can spice things up texture-wise on our feet? Love these pebbled "Vamp" pumps.
AND what I thought was a mere pipe dream (or a lucky find on the Saks Off Fifth racks) - Brian Atwood heels that I can actually afford?! It's becoming a reality. B Brian Atwood will make available to the (considerably well-off) masses his covetable heels - at a fraction of the cost of his high-end line.

Typical Brian Atwood shoes hover around $600-800, with his Rachel Zoe-approved boots skyrocketing toward $3000. But B Brian Atwood shoes will be ever so slightly more attainable at $200-$500. I'll save my pennies.

As we (not-so) patiently await pics of the B Brian Atwood, we can salivate over his Harrison pump with chain details, available at Net-A-Porter for the bargain price of $1,050. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment