Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday's Fashion Facts

It's been a slow day around the Interwebs with everyone enjoying their Labor Days and what-have-you. Me, I enjoyed some delicious pork at the Saint Ex Annual Pig Roast (which ran out of pig in record time) and headed out to Pentagon City to return some things to Nordstrom and to shop with the masses. The mall is overwhelming, y'all. I much prefer shopping in Georgetown or Friendship Heights. But I did purchase some $35 pants from Gap (their new black pants are REALLY excellent), some Charles David booties and a couple dresses from Nordstrom.

And I had a chance to check out the new Nordstrom Rack at Pentagon City. It's GREAT. They have an excellent selection of what DC women want to wear: Theory, Kate Spade, Rebecca Taylor, Cynthia Steffe, Trina Turk and more. They had some really on-trend sweaters too. And the shoes. It's huge, it's organized, it's amazing. I only came away with some Sperry Top Siders (I can't believe it's taken me this long to buy some), but I fully plan on going back for more next weekend.

In my downtime, here's what I scoped today:
  • Young, single women make more money than their male peers, reports WSJ. Of course, that all changes when they turn 30 and/or get married/have babies.
  • Last day of DVF's end of summer sale! There is some seriously good stuff in there. Use code SUMMER2010 for an extra 20% sale items.
  • I haven't been huge on the utility boot-esque style for some booties this fall, but I love this H&M find from Refinery29.
  • Trina Turk is making her NYFW debut next week, Elle's Fashion Insider let us know, despite being a long-term staple in my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment