Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday's Facts: Acra, A-Wang and awesome autumn items

It was a white-out at Alex Wang, but was it courageous couture or boring basics? (Credit: Style.com)
  • In addition to being a fashion junkie, I love great graphic design. SavvySugar shows us some very memorable business cards. Completely impractical in DC, but awesome nonetheless.
  • Reem Acra is the "latest designer to be indoctrinated into the affordably priced world of televised shopping," WWD reports. Acra's daywear available at price points under $300? I just might be calling in...
  • Shopbop shares their ultimate fall closet, which includes pieces like lace-up booties, fedoras, tailored pants and lots of fall neutral colors.
  • Though it seemed like most critics liked young fashionista fave Alexander Wang's spring 2011 collection, The New York Times's fashion critic, Cathy Hornyn, says he's no design genius - just a shrewd businessperson. Do you agree?
Tonight, I'm planning on getting serious with the Spring 2011 collections. I'll bring you my favorite looks and collections - and it looks like there is a LOT of great stuff from which to choose. Uh oh, what have I gotten myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment