Friday, September 24, 2010

In the navy

Navy is my favorite color. It will probably be a focal color at my wedding (FYI, bridesmaids). I own navy coats, navy shirts, navy dresses, navy skirts, navy pants, navy sweaters... the list goes on. I even own some navy-striped Toms knockoffs (I'm a little embarrassed to admit that, but they were so cheap at Target!).

Navy is nearly as present in my wardrobe as black is. Navy can be preppy, edgy, military, girly... basically, it's as versatile as black. And for those who think navy and black can't go together? I eschew your negative logic. Just make sure the two shades don't look like you dressed in the dark. Make sure your navy is lighter, and your black is extra black. And you definitely wear black shoes or a black belt with a navy dress.

Here are some of my favorite ways to incorporate navy into your look:

Tory Burch Spring 2011 RTW

Hermes scarf

Rebecca Taylor Topstiched My Way dress, available at Cusp

Tory Burch Katie glitter toe flat, available for pre-order at Saks

Banana Republic deco luxe tank (on super sale!)

J. Crew dot flouncette blouse

Current/Elliott boyfriend cords, available at Piperlime

J. Crew Pointelle tights

Topshop bead frame studs

Alexander McQueen crystal studded pump, available at Bergdorf Goodman
Michael Kors navy and gold watch, available at Asos

Samantha House Asteroid ring, available at Shopbop
Coach poppy enamel ring

Obviously, picking out navy clothes and accessories wasn't too hard of a task for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment