Monday, September 6, 2010

Fall Must Haves: Leopard print anything

This year marks my third fall in Washington, DC. Now, I love me some summer weather (I don't deal well in the cold), and therefore, I loved going to college in the South. So it took me a while to warm up (pun intended) to the cooler season. But I just can't resist this year's fun fall trends. In addition to being in line with my classic aesthetic, this season's trends just scream "warm and cozy."

For the rest of the week, I'll be posting my favorite trends for fall. Today, we'll start with leopard print!

My mom always said you should have at least one leopard print item in your closet, which led to her buying me a great cardigan at Nordstrom, and I wear it all the time! Leopard goes with everything - blacks, browns, colors - so it really is a wardrobe staple. And with it trending for fall, your options for how to incorporate it into your own are endless.

Ann Taylor dress: $98
I bought this dress because it's ULTRA flattering. The print isn't overwhelming, which is great because head-to-toe leopard can look trashy if executed poorly.

J. Crew leopard patent belt: $39.40

Le Mer wrap watch, available at Revolve: $96

Banana Republic haircalf mini chain bag: $69.50
Calvin Klein leopard print scarf: $19.99
Everyone from YSL to Tory Burch has made leopard print scarves this season, but save your pennies and get this great Calvin Klein one for a fraction of the price.

Tory Burch flats, available at Jildor: $250
Or if you want to go a little more wild, check out these booties and this fedora for some serious wow factor. (These are a bit much for me, but I think with the right outfit on the right person, these could be great).

Giuseppe Zanotti platform booties, available at Zappos: $1995
Albertus Swanepoel™ for J.Crew fedora: $165 (sold out, unfortch)
Sonia by Sonia Rykiel coat, available at Saks: $545

Last year, I bought a short leopard faux fur jacket, and I LOVE IT. It goes with so much and keeps me very warm. If you can find one you love, I recommend getting it. You'll wear it more than you think!

Wondering how to wear leopard? Olivia Palermo seamlessly mixes trendy pieces with her classic style, and I often look to her for inspiration. I love her with her leopard Mulberry Alexa bag here:

Image via moodboard

No comments:

Post a Comment