Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall Must Haves: Faux sure

Faux fur vests - like booties - are another repeat trend from last fall and another one that I figured would be ephemeral in previous seasons. But they are back this year - with a vengeance. So I'm thinking I'll need to scoop one up ASAP.

Bought a fur vest but have no idea how to wear it? I like it with skinny jeans or leggings, a long-sleeved top with a longer torso (you can either go boho with a blousy tunic or wear a fitted, dark shirt) and boots. Or take a tip from Olivia Palermo. I adore this effortless look:


I really love that she wears the vest long and loose, but you could also belt this vest for a very different look. And, as a tall girl, I think that longer fur vests look better on me than wearing a shorter fur vest that ends up looking cropped on my body.

And what is it about Parisian women that pull off looks with such ease? Refinery29 found a woman in a faux fur vest and another fall trend, carrot pants, who just looks enviable:

Credit: Refinery29

Want to pick up one of your own? Try one of these on for size:

LaRox fitted rabbit vest, available at Cusp: $348

OK, so this isn't faux, but it's pretty gorgeous...

Vena Cava for Aqua faux fur vest, available at Bloomingdale's: $188

Burning Torch Isle of Sky faux fur vest, available at Shopbop: $348

Jack by BB Dakota faux fur vest, avalable at ModCloth: $65

Old Navy women's faux fur vest (also available in black): $29.50

No comments:

Post a Comment