Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Designer crush: Christian Siriano

Let's be honest: My crush on Christian Siriano goes beyond his clothes. I fell in love with Christian Siriano - maybe in the sort of way you love your dog or other adorable pet - in his Project Runway days. One of the few PR contestants whose self-confidence/ego didn't repulse me, Christian Siriano sort of deserves to be the young virtuoso that he has become. In addition to being a shrewd businessman (hello, Payless collection) and capitalizing on his PR popularity, he has started dressing stars on the red carpet and churning out thoroughly wearable collections. Not to mention, he's hilarious.

His Spring 2011 collection is exactly the sort of thing I want to wear. I realize it's not anything ground-breaking, but who needs ground-breaking when you can have chic, sophisticated marketable clothes?

Here are my favorites from his collection:

An effortless shirt dress with an uneven hem (the longer hem in back was very popular on the runway this fashion week) and a super-wide belt creates the perfect feminine silhouette.

This was not the only white suit shown on the runways this fashion week, but the interesting ruffle makes this one stand out.

Chic menswear pants with a great halter-style white blouse and again, a nice belt to cinch it all together. Fierce!

A bold power suit that certainly makes a statement.


Leather can look hard, but in this soft, rich brown, it looks like something I need to have in my closet, like, tomorrow.

A sexy, Grecian inspired sparkly mini with a chic tailored white coat? The styles almost clash, and yet Siriano makes them work.

Nest time I go to a cocktail party, I want to wear this fun blush colored number. I love the sparkly belt and the ruffle on the side, while it may not be for everyone, makes this dress different from the rest.


This dress makes me think of a city-chic wedding dress for someone who decided a long dress wasn't for them.

Signature Siriano evening wear - big, bold, ruffles for days. This dress makes me think of Carrie Bradshaw's American Girl in Paris Versace dress, except if Christian Siriano designed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment